- This event has passed.
Auricular Therapy: Pressure Point Techniques for the Ear
September 18, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| $120.00
Ear Reflexology is a profoundly relaxing and therapeutic modality that is easy to administer by the holistic health practitioner. With combined theories of Oriental Meridian Therapy and modern Reflexology, Auricular Therapy is a manual technique that employs pressure point application by the practitioner.
Suitable for acupuncturists, massage therapists, therapeutic touch practitioners, nurses and others licensed to touch.
*This course does not fulfill national education requirements to practice as a Reflexologist.
- Participants will be able to list milestones in the history of Auricular Therapy.
- Participants will be able to list theories of Auricular Therapy.
- Participants will demonstrate point locations on fellow students.
- Participants will demonstrate applications of pressure techniques using fingers and thumbs.
- Participants will demonstrate a ten minute Ear Reflexology routine.
- Participants will discuss possible applications and scenarios to use Ear Reflexology within their practices.
- Participants will discuss the integration of Ear Reflexology into treatment protocols.
- Participants will list contraindications of Ear Reflexology.
Class format: The class is taught in lecture format with hands-on participation from students. Students should wear comfortable clothing and will be practicing on other students in the classroom.
Class materials: The class will be taught with a combination of audiovisual presentations using overhead projector and computer presentation. Hand sanitizer will be required.
Space is limited to six participants to ensure a quality educational experience for all. Please note: due to small class size individual refunds will only be available if cancellation is received 14 days in advance of the class date. In the event of class cancellation by instructor (due to low enrollment, illness, or emergency) all participants will receive a full refund within fourteen (14) days of cancellation.