- This event has passed.
Summer Skincare – Body Butters & Scrubs
June 2 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| $85.00
Summertime is all about the element of fire – hot, intense, light, sharp, penetrating. In this Apothecary Session we will formulate to keep cool and hydrated all summer long!
In Ayurveda the dosha Pitta, governed by fire, is prone to excess in the summer months leading to sunburns, acne, hot and achey joints, ingrown hair, diarrhea, exhaustion, hot flashes, and night sweats. The penetrative quality of Pitta can cause skin to lose hydration quickly, which leads to buildup of dead skin cells and prevents moisturizing products from being as effective.
Using master formulations we’ll make:
- Salt Scrub Base – great for sloughing off dead skin cells and soothing ingrown hairs
- Sugar Scrub Base – also great for sloughing off dead skin cells, gentler on delicate skin of the torso and face
- Body Butter Base – silky soft body butters soothe, protect, and nourish the skin
- Beach Hair Spritzer – a light hair spritz designed to bring moisture and minerals while controlling frizz
Using high quality aromatic extracts, oils, butters, salts, and sugars we will customize these master formulations to fit with your constitutional goals and needs accountaing for each of the doshas:
- Vata – governed by the element of air is creative and changeable; prone to dry skin and hair and generally runs cool
- Pitta – governed by the element of fire is focused and intellectual; prone to skin rashes and generally runs hot
- Kapha – governed by the element of earth is thoughtful and steady; prone to oily skin and water retention
This is a hands-on class introducing participants to raw ingredients like African shea and kpangnan butters, Moraccan Rhassoul clay, Amazonian cupuacu butter, and Indian kokum butter.
Class fee is $85 and includes all aromatics, botanicals, and raw ingredients used in the classroom. Participants will take home formulas crafted to their individual needs. No prior experience is necessary to attend. Space is limited to six participants to ensure a quality educational experience for all.
Please note: due to small class size, cancellations will must be given 72 hours in advance to receive a refund. In the event of class cancellation all participants will receive a full refund within fourteen (14) days of cancellation.