Supporting the Post-Covid Reflexology Client
March 28 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm| $15.00
Class: Supporting the Post-Covid Reflexology Client – Registration is through The Barefoot Dragonfly User Portal at Practice Better
Class Description: SARS-CoV-2, or COVID-19, is a coronavirus that has infected hundreds of millions of persons around the globe (World Health Organization, January 2022). Clients presenting for reflexology therapy with a history of COVID-19 infection present a unique challenge to the practitioner to dig into their anatomy and physiology training to create session plans that support their client’s unique needs.
In this four-hour lecture we’ll explore the post-covid body through a reflexology lens, looking at:
- Viral pathogenesis – system by system viral impact;
- Accelerated immune ageing – how infection and reinfection are impacting immune cells and contributing to a prematurely aged immune system;
- Post-viral syndrome – dysfunction and disease patterns seen in the months and years following infection and reinfection;
- Cautions and contraindications – client cases will vary so we will discuss scenarios when reflexology sessions should be modified or postponed;
- Lifestyle medicine – current approaches to immunosenescence to explore creating a targeted wellness plan between sessions.
Class Goal: Upon successful completion of this class participants will be able to: describe ways the virus impacts body systems; list symptoms of post-viral syndrome seen in long-covid cases; understand and explain safety, contraindications, and cautions of reflexology in the post-covid client; describe ways lifestyle medicine approaches can fit into a reflexology wellness plan. Supporting the Post-Covid Reflexology Client is an elective or continuing education class designed to enhance the knowledge of the reflexology student or practitioner working with clients following SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Class Location: Delivered via Zoom videoconference software.
Class Hours: Four (4)
Instructor: Amy Kreydin, NBCR, CCAP, BD
Contact Phone Number: (512) 666-9374 (cellular)
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: By appointment
Instructor Bio: Amy Kreydin, Board Certified Reflexologist and Clinical Aromatherapist, has been in private practice since 2004. Kreydin received her certificate as a Certified Reflexologist from the Palmer Institute in Salem, MA in 2004, and was awarded her board certificate in Reflexology from the American Reflexology Certification Board in 2006. She trained at a Harvard teaching hospital in Boston, MA and obtained her Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner (CCAP) in 2011. She has lectured and taught continuing education classes and workshops in massage and acupuncture schools, hospitals, and clinics since 2007. She launched a 300-Hour Reflexology Certificate Program in Austin, Texas in 2016 where she has trained dozens of students and graduates in the art and science of reflexology. Kreydin is passionate about whole body wellness and loves helping folks reach their health goals to live an abundant, vibrant, and balanced life.
- Internet-ready computer with speakers, microphone, and webcam; or an internet-ready Tablet device with speakers, microphone, and webcam. You will need to access the Zoom app on your device to participate in the live lecture. Test your device and settings prior to the lecture, here: https://zoom.us/test
- Note taking aids while participating in the lecture is strongly recommended.
General Objectives: Upon successful completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss and demonstrate knowledge of ways the SARS-CoV-2 virus impacts body systems.
- List symptoms of post-viral syndrome seen in long-covid cases.
- Identify and discuss knowledge of safety concerns, contraindications, and cautions related to reflexology for the post-covid client.
- Identify and discuss evidence-informed lifestyle medicine approaches and how they can be incorporated into a reflexology wellness plan.
Class Structure: The class will be conducted via Zoom videoconference lecture.
Methods of Instruction: The class will be taught with a combination of lecture and audiovisual presentation.
Attendance Policy: Live attendance is required for continuing education credit.
Missed Class: Should a registrant miss the live portion of the class they will have access to the recorded lecture for thirty (30) days. Registrants can request to retake the class, when it is offered at a future date, at no cost to them by contacting the instructor.
Class Registration is held with payment in full at the time of registration unless other arrangements have been made in advance with The Barefoot Dragonfly LLC.
Cancellations are not available for this class. Registrants can request to retake the class, when it is offered at a future date, at no cost to them by contacting the instructor.
Cancellations of Class by The Barefoot Dragonfly LLC, may occur in the event of insufficient student enrollment, instructor illness or emergency, or a telecoms or equipment malfunction rendering the instructor unable to initiate or sustain a connection to the videoconference. An attempt to reschedule the class will be made. In the event that The Barefoot Dragonfly LLC must cancel a class, registrants will receive a full refund. All refunds will be initiated as soon as possible but it may take two to four weeks for your financial institution to post the refunded transaction.
Virtual Classroom Etiquette: Participants are expected to help maintain the integrity of audio and visual presentations when attending a live lecture videoconference so all attendees can enjoy the presentation. Participants are expected to familiarize themselves with the available settings to disable video and/or mute microphone as needed. Accidents happen and occasionally a participant is unaware they are broadcasting audio and/or video of themselves or their environment to the classroom when they intended to disable audio and/or video. In the event of unprofessional, disruptive, or obscene audio or visual input from participant the instructor will disable the participant’s video and microphone. A participant may be banned from the live lecture if they are belligerent or hostile towards the instructor or classmates.