Supporting the Oncology Client with Reflexology
July 15 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm| $15
Reflexology works from the inside out, tapping into the body’s innate healing abilities, making it especially useful as a tool for managing the myriad challenges experienced by oncology clients.
This is a 4-hour lecture with slideshow presentation offered live on July 15th from 9am-1pm, Central time zone. Recording, slide handouts, resources, and references will be made available following the live class in the user portal for registered participants. Registration is $15 and participants can request a certificate of attendance following the completion of the lecture.
Material to be covered in this lecture:
- Physiology of malignant diseases
- Indications, cautions, and contraindications for working with this population
- Safety considerations for the Reflexologist
- Overview and session planning for:
- Radiotherapy procedures and treatments
- Chemotherapy interventions
- Surgical interventions
- Remission, recovery, and repair
- Alternative oncology track cases
- Strategies for cultivating empathy and attending to self-care for the Reflexologist
This class is taught by Amy Kreydin who had her first oncology client in July 2004 and has had the opportunity to support clients through every stage of a cancer diagnosis. Potential participants will want to have a basic foundation in Reflexology, typically 100+ hours, prior to enrolling in class as this is designed to build on your existing skills and knowledge of anatomy and physiology as it pertains to the field of Reflexology. Amy teaches using an evidence-informed style, drawing from her experience as a practitioner and love of studying the human body.