You deserve the best possible care I can offer, and that includes using layers of mitigation to prevent spreading infectious disease within my practice. To ensure the best possible care the following practice policies are in place:
- Symptom screening – postpone your appointment if you have new onset symptoms.
- Wear a medical grade mask – KN95, KF94, N95 or equivalent.
Read about how we’re working to minimize the risk of infection in the studio.
Please give 24 hours advanced notice to reschedule or cancel your appointment so you will not be charged for the missed appointment. Cancellation due to infectious disease is never penalized.
Reflexology is fully contraindicated in the following situations:
- Acute infectious disease or state; acute infectious fever.
- Acute inflammation of the venous system – deep vein thrombosis, coagulopathies.
Local contraindications for Reflexology means the affected area cannot be worked on so the session may be shortened in length or the option of including another reflex map (e.g. the hands and/or ears) may be more suitable. The following are examples of local contraindications:
- Skin is compromised – bug bite, cut, stitches, open blister, plantar wart – make sure these are covered prior to session and let me know what’s going on under the bandaid;
- Bone fracture – until the bone has healed completely the affected limb will need to be immobilized for the session so movement does not impede the body’s healing efforts;
- Deep bruising and/or tissue trauma without broken skin;
- Acute inflammation of the lymphatic system – swollen lymph nodes, severe edema.