About The Barefoot Dragonfly LLC
I founded The Barefoot Dragonfly in June 2004 after graduating from Reflexology school in the beautiful city of Salem, Massachusetts. I practiced in the greater Boston area for nine years before passing the baton to a colleague, packing up the cats and house, and moving to sunny Austin, Texas with my partner in 2013.
The Barefoot Dragonfly has two primary goals:
- Co-create wellness plans to support clients on their health journeys using holistic modalities and systems;
- Support the next generation of wellness practitioners through certificate programs and continuing education in Reflexology and Aromatherapy.
Texas is a Reflexology desert – there’s fewer than 10 Board Certified Reflexologists practicing across the state! It’s also a bit of an Aromatherapy desert with few trained and even fewer practicing the healing art of essential oil therapy.
Hey there! My name is Amy Kreydin and I’m the owner-practitioner here at The Barefoot Dragonfly.
My early childhood was spent in East Texas with snapping turtles and a huge tomato garden. From there my parents moved us to Northern New Mexico in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountains in Taos County. I’m incredibly blessed to have grown up with a love of plants and alternative medicine!
I’m a bit of a lifelong learner – I can’t get enough of anatomy and physiology, botanical and energetic medicine, and how to best support adult learners. I love seeing a client’s big picture of where they’re at right now and where they want to be with their health. I love seeing a student knock out their first book report in decades, navigate a complex case study with grace and empathy, and go on to hang up their own shingle and practice.
Since I gave up my corporate gig sixteen years ago I’ve had 11,500+ client encounters, supported parents through 100+ births, held the hands of the dying as they took their final breaths, treated newborns through nonagenarians, formulated for humans and their animal companions, and I wouldn’t trade a minute of it.
My core training includes:
- Certified Reflexologist – Palmer Institute of Massage & Bodywork, Salem, Massachusetts, June 2004
- Board Certified Reflexologist – American Reflexology Certification Board, New York, New York, June 2006
- Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner (CCAP), Boston, Massachusetts, March 2011
- Advanced Diploma in Aromatic Medicine – ITHMA & Heal Center, Atlanta, Georgia, March 2016
I keep a current curriculum vitae of core training and continuing education I’ve attended.
When I’m not in the studio you might find me baking, knitting, gardening in my giant yarden, reading (I’m a massive bookworm!), hiking, or paddleboarding.