300 Hour Reflexology Certificate Course
Study Reflexology with Amy Kreydin! Whether you wish to explore this modality and how it can support you and your family’s wellness goals, you want to expand your offerings as a massage therapist or acupuncturist, or you’d like to jump into a career in the healing arts this program will support you at each step along the way.
In this Professional Reflexology Certificate course students are prepared for a career as a Reflexologist. Classes are taught using a combination of live and recorded lectures, live and recorded audiovisual slide presentations, live demonstration and return-demonstration of practicum techniques, and live clinic labs.
Reflexology is a gentle bodywork technique applied to maps resembling the human body located on the feet, hands, and outer ears. Students study the ten reflex zones, Reflexology-specific finger and thumb pressure techniques, and how to support internal organs and every body system through this unique modality. Reflexology is a deeply relaxing modality that promotes wellness from the inside out.
The 300-Hour Reflexology Certificate course is broken down into six, 32-hour modules.
This course meets the education standards set forth by the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) and the Reflexology Association of America (RAA).
ARCB requires 110 classroom hours, this course offers 126
RAA requires 180 live hours, this course offers 184
Independent study hours: 36
Live study hours: 184
Supervised clinic hours: 30
Documented sessions: 80
Total: 300 hours
Module One – Introduction to Reflexology
32 hour module covering origins, theories, forms of reflexology, indications, cautions, contraindications, structure & function of the foot and lower leg, foot assessment tools, and reflexology-specific techniques.
Module Two – Reflexology in Practice
32 hour module covering anatomy and physiology and reflexology approaches to the following body systems: the body, integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, cardiovascular.
Module Three – Reflexology in Practice Continued
32 hour module covering anatomy and physiology and reflexology approaches to the following body systems: sensory, respiratory, endocrine, lymphatic, digestive, urinary.
Module Four – Reproduction
32 hour module covering the reproductive system, fertility, pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum, and pediatrics.
Module Five – Advanced Techniques
32 hour module introducing students to hand reflexology, ear reflexology, and reflexology-specific tool work.
Module Six – Preparing for Practice
32 hour module covering session documentation, practitioner self-care, writing a wellness plan, business practice, business planning, holistic health consulting, sanitation and hygiene.
Module Six is broken down into the following sub-classes:
- Reflexology Session Documentation Level One (4 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Introduction to Reflexology
- Sanitation & Hygiene (4 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Introduction to Reflexology
- Holistic Health Consulting & Creating a Wellness Plan (8 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Modules One through Four
- Practitioner Self-Care (2 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Introduction to Reflexology
- Business Planning (4 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Modules One through Four
- Reflexology Session Documentation Level Two (4 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Modules One through Four
- Research Hacks Every Wellness Practitioner Should Know (1 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Introduction to Reflexology
- Allied Health Practitioners (1 hours) – it is recommended to take this class after you complete Modules One through Four
Introduction to Aromatherapy for Reflexologists
In this 16-hour class students will explore the art of aromatic therapies and their role in the Reflexology practice.
Supervised Practicum Clinics
Twenty-two hours of practicum clinics allow students to bring in a friend to practice on with supervision from the instructor.
Private Tutoring Sessions
Two hours of private tutoring with Amy to help develop technique, and ask questions. It is recommended to schedule the first tutorial session after gaining some practicum experience and the second tutorial session after module three is completed.
Students will document 80 Reflexology sessions towards their certification.
We recommend budgeting $2,000 for modules and required textbooks for this 300-Hour course.
Students will participate in both in-person classes here in the Northwest Austin studio as well as distance-based classes from their computer/tablet.
For the practicum classes, yes! We have practicum classes with each module (with the exception of module six) that you will need to arrange to attend here at the studio.
Absolutely! Schedule a Discovery Call through the online scheduler: http://www.thebarefootdragonfly.com/make-appointment/.