Periods: Supporting the Reflexology Client from Menarche Through Menopause
August 1 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm| $15.00
Reflexology shines as a wellness support tool for folks beginning, in the middle, or winding down their menstruating years. In the U.S. the average age of menarche is 11 and the average age of menopause is 51, that leaves four decades between in which 500 or so menstrual cycles can occur if uninterrupted by hormone pills, surgery, and pregnancy. 🤯
In this four-hour Zoom presentation, we’ll explore the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of periods. Covering important topics, such as:
- The body’s timetable to effect change following a treatment;
- Special considerations for puberty and menopause;
- Reflexes to emphasize in each phase of the uterine and ovarian cycles;
- Working alongside contraceptives, and hormone therapy;
- Treatment planning for challenging case studies;
- Lifestyle factors to support reflexology work between sessions.
This is an elective class for students of reflexology or practicing reflexologists who would like to refresh their A&P and find inspiration for treatment plans.
Advance registration is $15 through the user portal here: https://barefootdragonfly.practicebetter.io/#/5dc354e42a9c240c20a005b4/bookings?c=62b3881fd1223c9368d891a9. Registrants will have access to recorded presentation, slides, and resources following the live presentation.