- This event has passed.
Aromatic Therapies in the Childbearing Year
July 19 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| $85.00
Starting or adding to a family is a natural life event for many women. This Apothecary Session will explore ways to support the mother and baby during each trimester of pregnancy, labor, childbirth, and postpartum. We’ll discuss indicated, contraindicated, and cautioned aromatics and best practices to inspire confidence working with these concentrated plant extracts with the special population.
This is a hands-on event and participants will learn basic blending and formulating of aromatics, working with essential oils, absolutes, CO2 extracts, and hydrosols. During this session we will look at aromatics to support:
- preconception – preparing for pregnancy
- first trimester – morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, fatigue, bacterial vaginosis, urinary tract infection
- second trimester – acne, itchy or painful stretch marks, PUPPP, back pain, gestational diabetes, muscle cramps
- third trimester – acid reflux, constipation, symphysis pubis dysfunction, edema, hypertension
- labor and birth – prodromal and stalled labor, precipitous labor, pain perception
- puerperium – breastfeeding, perineal and cesarean healing, newborn care, mood support
This session is appropriate for parents-to-be, aunts, grandmothers, birth and postpartum doulas, midwives, massage therapists, acupuncturists, and anyone who provides support during the childbearing year. Apothecary Sessions are smaller classes designed to allow maximum exposure to hands-on content and a supportive learning environment. Cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days before the scheduled class.*
About Amy: Amy Kreydin has attended over a hundred births in the last two decades and has worked with thousands of expecting parents. She is a Clinical Aromatherapist with an advanced diploma in Aromatic Medicine and is also a Board Certified Reflexologist.
*On-call during the scheduled class? Let Amy know at the time of registration for special instructions on late cancellation for those attending a birth.