- This event has passed.
Green Cleaning with Aromatherapy
July 13, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| $65.00
Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of aromatherapy while cleaning your home with essential oils, hydrosols, and other aromatic botanicals!
Switching to green cleaning products not only benefits the environment but also reduces your indoor air pollution and the harmful effects of ingredients found in conventional household cleaning products, like:
- Chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite): can cause headaches, mild asthmatic symptoms, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness after inhalation exposure.
- Ammonia: can irritate the eyes, lungs, and cause headaches.
- Paradichlorbenzene: used in moth balls and toilet deodorizer tablets is harmful to the central nervous system, liver, and kidneys.
- Formaldehyde: a suspected human carcinogen, is an irritant to the eyes, throat, skin, and lungs.
- Hydrochloric acid: can cause chemical burns when they come into contact with the skin.
Synthetic fragrances found in laundry products, room fragrances, and cleaners have been linked to asthma and bronchitis (Medina-Ramon et al., 2005).
In this class we’ll discuss formulation techniques that give us effective cleaning tools for the home or office while enhancing your overall wellness through inhalation of aromatic botanicals. Through step-by-step instructions we’ll explore:
- Germicidal plant ingredients
- Natural degreasers
- Effective ways of formulating
- Why many DIY cleaners fail at actually cleaning
- Mood enhancing properties of aromatics
- Formulating with a diagnosis of multiple chemical sensitivites (MCS)
- Formulating with pregnancy, infants, toddlers, and pets in mind
Class fee is $65 and inclues all aromatics, botanicals, and raw ingredients used in the classroom. Participants will take home formulas crafted to their individual needs. No prior experience is necessary to attend. Space is limited to eight participants to ensure a quality educational experience for all. Please note: due to small class size individual refunds will not be available. In the event of class cancellation all participants will receive a full refund within fourteen (14) days of cancellation.
About Your Instructor:
After experiencing multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), also known as idiopathic environmental intolerances, firsthand she grew passionate about green cleaning in 1997. Amy Kreydin is a Certified Clinical Aromatherapy Practitioner (CCAP), and has been making her own eco-friendly, non-toxic household cleaners ever since.